CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, November 7, 2008

10/15/08 50 Days Left


What's up? What have you been up to? Guess what!? I just stuck an IV in someone! First try. And he did me the first try as well. Nice. This was a very valuable skill to learn in my opinion. It was very interesting to do this- and how you can actually completely stop the blood flow through a vein/ artery by pressing on it. For the honor platoon competition, we're tied for 1st place. Only one other platoon will give us much competition- 3rd platoon. They must have won the barracks inspection- although I'm not sure how the points all work for banners and all.

Hey guess what? I was looking at the wall chart we have with our PT test results and I had the most sit ups in the platoon! So even though I didn't do very well on the other events, I nailed one pretty well. My goal for Friday is to pass my push ups, to get at least 66 sit ups and do the run close to passing. Have you started putting my letters- or what I'm doing- in a blog for the fam to check out? I'm going to write some letters to my family this week if I have time. I miss chatting with Scott at random times when I'm bored. It's pretty chilly here. Probably 62-65 ish right now and it's flat here, so the wind blows constantly. The heat in the bay kicks on today, which will be nice. It's set to automatically go to heat on Oct. 15 and cool April 15. Although the temp is pretty comfortable in the bay, a little cool at night, but comfortable.

So do you have any questions for me? I feel like my letters are boring because they're all one-sided...hopefully we can eat soon. I'm hungry.

Got out of lunch a while ago- had spaghetti and meatballs and cherry pie, which was pretty decent. Just finished my CLS exam- I'm pretty sure I got a 100% and I heard you get a special ribon for your class A uniform for making 100, so that would be really cool. And if our platoon does best overall, we get another banner. Well, that's about it. I just wanted to report on my CLS test- I'll let you know when I find out the results!

0 comments: