Hey,
We are going to the PX shoppette today! I can get some shower shoes, since I can't use my civilian ones- and more soap- maybe a few other things- I'm not going to get those eye protection glasses until I get paid. So we have the opportunity to win a 5 minute phone call if someone in our platoon (there are 4 platoons) wins fastest time in an obstacle course we're going to tomorrow. I'm hungry- chow is pretty soon.
We had 2 worthless classes today- one on sexual assault and one on equal opportunity- the points were okay, but the logic was blatantly wrong, and we were sitting on a hard tile floor for one of the presentations instead of chair, which was annoying.
I'm doing laundry now. A couple of guys were starting to get into it, I had to talk one of them down. There's one guy here who's been getting into it with everyone and did with this one dude (who I was talking with)- I think he's just pissed off for getting in trouble this morning- I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt, though- even though he's gotten into shit with everyone, including me- he's got to be having a bad day today. They're up in the DS' office talking now- most of the guys already want him gone, but I think it's too early to make that call.
Anyway, how is Abbie's fish doing? I was sad today that I didn't get any mail from you- actually everyone was pissed off because there was a ton of mail, but it only went to 6 people- all of it. Make sure you check the mail everyday- I'm writing you just about every day! I would love a few more pictures, too! Maybe one with Abbie and her fish! Hey did you get that blog setup? And start typing it and sending out the info to my parents?
I'm staying in good spirits- haven't felt shitty like I did on Sunday. I need to work on my leadership skills, it doesn't come as naturally to me as I would like. I'm probably one of the top 5 go-to guy, but that's not good enough- it is a huge advantage to be a big guy because it gives you instant credibility. I'm in the middle to upper middle of physical capabilities I would say. I guess I'll find out for sure after out first PT test on Sunday. I could use a snack right now. I ate a ton of food though- I hope I don't start overeating and get fat- not huge, but extra fat anywhere, I mean. I discovered that it is super delicious if you get a large chocolate brownie and combine it in a bowl with an ice cream cone! Yum! I love dessert, it's one of the only treats available. This week is going by so fast and I can't wait to see you and Abbie and soon Sophia!
Friday, November 7, 2008
Day 8- 56 days left (10/9/08)
Posted by Maggie at 8:50 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment