CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, November 7, 2008

10/11/08 54 Days Left


11:15
I'm finishing up a morning class on radio transmissions. Had the PT test this morning- except they decided we would just run 1 mile and place us into ability groups instead of 2 miles- which was fine with me. They were intentionally hard on push ups- had to go below 90 degrees and touch your chest to the ground- so about half of mine didn't count and I only got 24. I did about 65-70 sit ups and ran the mile in 8:18. I have some work to do.

We're playing around with our M16s right now. We have a substitute DS- infantry, so he's telling us about himself and about the M16s.

19:53
I am now on personal time. Today went pretty well. Although we got smoked a few times- we've been cutting up a little more today. I think it's because we're so tired from our PT test and first week of training. I'm trying to make sure in the smoke sessions I do good exercise and don't cut corners- I have too much work to do and improvement needed- plus I need to set an example. People can't see me being a slacker if I'm going to be PG/AG/SG- platoon guide, assistant platoon guide, squad guide- student leadership positions, but you really have authority. I was talking to another officer candidate today, and I have a 5 mile run in OCS- not timed, just must be completed, but bleh. Hopefully by that time I'll be in good enough shape- I guess I'd better be! Shouldn't be too bad if I work hard.

Tomorrow is Sunday. I hope I don't start feeling shitty again like last week. I don't have anything to do tomorrow except for a little laundry and eating and writing you a long letter.

We start CLS (combat lifesaver course) on Monday and got a course book for it today- I'll probably be reading that once or twice tomorrow too. There isn't much to do on Sundays. Man, I am looking forward to a long night's rest tonight! Lights out is an hour early tonight plus we have an extra hour to sleep in (until 0530!).

0 comments: